Saturday, August 25, 2001

all right: top five modern filmmakers:
darren aronofsky
brothers coen
tom tykwer
guy ritchie
lars van trier
(altnerate: wong kar-wai)

i saw snatch last nite. i laughed at everything that was funny, amusing, ironic, or well-done, so by the end, my stomach hurt. who was it recently told me that i laugh too much at movies? i guess if you count m. van trier's films, i cry too much too. and flinch: during the fight scenes, i was reacting (like always) like i was being hit myself. liz told me she's never seen anyone so sensitive. damn straight: years ago, i used to have to leave the room during Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when the others made fun of rafael too viciously. i have a very clear memory of standing behind my family room's door, crying quietly, while my brothers cheered along w/ the tv inside.
yes, let's a have a moment of silence for that, shall we?
now when liz returns from running we're meeting lana and annie for brunch. she told me i talked in my sleep last nite. i was amazed -- that's a first. (the talking, not the amazement.) all i remember from my what i dreamt was that something was wrong w/ my website (god i'm a dork) and that i kept having to take refuge from the rain by ducking into strange places. in one of them, these people were cooing over me and wanted to polish my feet and i was begging them not to.

No comments: