Monday, May 06, 2002

temperance paid off yesterday as the more i did nothing, the more my health improved. if i were mathematically inclined i could chart that. i spent most of the day in fuzzy slippers, at one point recognizing a kindred spirit, similarly shod, coughing my cough, in a fellow DISer a hall(a)way. i talked to my parents, who insisted on both being on the line at the same time, and read some blixen stories, including babette's feast, quite confused on how anyone could make that into a movie.
anne called, inquired after my well-being, and i made the decision to attempt Chai and Dye: Part Deux. because when one's eyes and nose are red, shouldn't one's hair match? she skipped on over and we dove in, ruining 2 cheap dish-towels we'd bought for the occasion ("when i was done, the towel didn't look like no goddamned maxi-pad!"). it hadn't occurred to me that i would be doing her hair but she coached me through it, and once more suitemate sapna walked in on me playing salonista. more successfully, might i add, although perhaps it's just easier to dye than snip.

so now i'm more burnt-sienna than i was. in this state, i'm set to meet the webmistress herself this afternoon on the steps of city hall. she's confident she'll know me on sight. honor of honors, i also received an email invitation to join the copenhagen bloggers coffee and beer consumption consortium (did i get that right?) in some (what else?) coffee and beer. unfortunately i'll be in spain but my eyes grew moist and i rested a hand on a heart in the pure joy of inclusion and acceptance. even the theoretical kind.

No comments: