Monday, November 17, 2008

Who Do You Root For?

The radical Islamist Saudi state or the radical Islamist Somali pirates?

Karl Rove or Deborah Solomon?

Hillary Clinton?

These are tough questions, but we are living in tough times. In trying to do my part for the economy, I spent $115 on clothes on Sunday! That may be a pittance to some of you but my money prefers to stay in the warm safety of my wallet, like a creature that hibernates year-round. Still, for the country's sake, I'm making an effort, and if I win this contest at work I promised my brother I'd buy these. (They're on sale!)

That led to a conversation about how I don't understand the stock market and what's going to happen now:
Adam: no one does!
kalloo kalay!
literally no one knows
it's like if you were a caveman kindergartener and you said, "what time is it?" someone would hit you on the head with a wooden club and tell you not to ask stupid questions
because no one KNEW what time it was!

me: :-)
i like how they wouldn't have time yet but they would have kindergarten
cuz, of course

Adam: i think maybe kindergarten was all they had -- i mean, fingerpainting was the most advanced art form

me: the rules must have been totally different though
they were pro playing with fire

Adam: you could run with scissors but you had to invent them first

No comments: