Friday, August 16, 2002

my last day of work, the powers that be finally come up with lots of stuff to do. instead/regardless, i've spent most of the day chatting w/ folks -- someone left a container of ghiradelli chocolates by the reception desk so that's become a gathering-point. my boss taped up my lengthy copenhagen pants. another of the lawyers showed me her jesus action figure and the bumper stickers obtained from the christian coalition conference: "good [elephant]; bad [donkey]; ugly [NOW insignia]" and "so you're a feminist. how cute." a third said goodbye: "it's nice having strong feminists around."
i'll miss this office. even if it is premature to say i'll never work in this kind of setting again, it's possible that i'll never work in one as pleasant.

yesterday, on my last day with karen, karen gave me a necklace. it's a small metal purse on a metal chain, and it's charming. i'm trying to think of what it could hold. quarters comfortably, sure, and bills too. pills, if i could take them. maybe a homunculus. a butterfly, creepily. another necklace if i wanted to change (but i usually dislike necklaces). a poem, if i folded it. a tea-bag.

No comments: