Monday, June 13, 2005

If Jacko is innocent ...

I feel like that could be a good title for a poem: "If Jacko is innocent." Perhaps I will write it on the subway one afternoon and it will be all about tongue in cheek, improbable things, and all the things will add up to a profound whole. I'm reading 180 More, one of the best poetry anthologies I've ever come across, and the poems therein are much like that. Reading them this morning on the train, I was inspired to write something about how Mr. Ben bought two huge bags of Lays potato chips and was so proud of himself for making efforts at gaining weight that he forgot to actually eat any of them.

Inspiration abounds.

Life is good again: I got a job offer. Yes! In a casting office. It's pretty exciting. And right after I got the offer this morning, I got an interview offer from another job, in audio publishing, that I was also excited for. Since I had 3 interviews last week and a follow-up to one scheduled for this Thursday, all told I felt pretty desirable, and my current boss, for whom I've still been working after giving notice, seemed duly impressed. I will continue to work for current boss for another week or so even though, mentally, I have both feet out the door. In fact, my mental feet aren't just out the door: they're tapping impatiently and occasionally breaking out in dance moves to these boots are made for walking ... Soon, I croon to my mental feet. Soon ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

dude! it was totally so obvious that the casting people LOVED you during your interview! you are AMAZING! many, many congratulations to you and your tiny feet!!!!

Anonymous said...

yay!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, that was me. -src