Tuesday, December 07, 2004

holy night, batman!

it's hanukkah! what? how did that sneak up on me? i don't have a candle to show for myself, let alone anything to put it in or light it with. christ, i'm a bad jew. how did i get to be such a bad jew? christ.

i think i'm heading to swarthmore this weekend. this time for real. maybe someone there will feed me latkes & try to soothe my wounded spirit. after all, i lost my month-long subway card; i left my fly open for two hours yesterday before noticing; i can barely get my contacts in in the morning. i'm a wreck. it took one of my actors having a meltdown in front of me to make me feel better. (i have his wild screaming on tape and i intend to play it back for myself over and over again as needed.)

the company christmas party was last night. i was all excited for my first! ever! -- i was envisioning scenes from the apartment, where company employees do the can-can on tables, everyone's groping everyone and drinking tons of punch. well, there was no punch to be had. the entire thing, in fact, seemed much more like a bar mitzvah. i was bitterly disappointed. luckily, the open bar helped me get over it.

happy hanukkah, to those of you who remember it.

No comments: