Wednesday, March 06, 2002

oh i should not be blogging. when i finally went up to start work on my paper last nite (granted at like 11) i found the doors barred against me and my procrastinating ilk. at least my time was well-spent: i wrote lana's rec, successfully concealing my dislike for the institution and for her sake even cuddling up to it a bit (couldn't hurt, eh?) reminded me of my interview, all this telling people what they want to hear. i'm going to need an honesty hour soon to help me recover.

will came down, droopy, and talked to me for 45 minutes which was also fun. told me stories of his past. actually that functioned as sort of an honesty hour -- i like certian people to whom you can ask straightforward questions and who will give you in response straightforward answers. none of that curvybackwards or sideways shit, oh no. no sir.
so i went home satisfied, accompanied on the bus by a man with the largest smile i'd ever seen, a jaw-bridge of a smile, who sat next to me. with english as fractured as his smile was continuous, he told me he's from kazakstan (sp?) in copenhagen studying scientology.

my blanket is a tempermental thing. some mornings i wake to find it next to me, looking like it too is curled up and dreaming. some mornings it's on the floor like a sulking child. beds in this country are narrow and strange, and i guess it takes a while to fully earn the trust of ones covers.
this morning, from bed i went to the national musset with my myths class to admire ironageiron and bronzeagebronze, skeletons with preserved curls and wellcut amber. teacher morten described thor as the anti-Christ. not the antichrist, mind you. i love ancient religions. the modern ones, by the look of the gory front pages, india, israel, afghanistan, aren't doing quite so well. well. one can always escape into history.

No comments: