Tuesday, March 05, 2002

you could, dear readers, have been treated to a rant this evening. restlessness and anger hit this afternoon, as i speedwalked the fifteen minutes from my pointless dk pol activity to the russia orientation in an attempt not to be too late. the russia orientation only made things worse. fortunately as soon as i got home eric called, extending an invitation for homemade sushi. we sat cross-legged on the floor with the sushi laid out before us, water glasses to one side and candles on the other, and the atmosphere (read: wasabi) chased away my demons.

i need my focus this evening to start researching/outlining my ten page nordic mythology paper. yet despite brownrice and plum paste, i'm still not at the top of my form. there are cracks in my calm which let worry worm in. belle&sebastian are playing here the 17th but i don't have anyone to go with, a fact that reminds me of a larger problem: i'm not content with my folk situation. i don't know how to change it, either. why don't more people here excite me? we're 6 weeks into the program and most people seem socially settled. so am i, often, til restlessness strikes. i just want more.

enuf whining. it's time to analyze the viking conversion to christianity and how it affected their storytelling. besides, there are always wonderful movies i can go to alone at the cinemateket, whose schedule for march makes me wish i could spend money nonstop (my brother i hear is doing just that in australia right now, with the justification that buying alcohol for females is the custom.) at least i got a free membership so each film is only 30 kr, instead of the 50 it could be.
and even if i'm not with ideal people in russia, i'll still be in russia. the simple fact of that will make up for a lot.

No comments: