Monday, July 08, 2002

left to my own devices at work this afternoon when my immediate boss ducked out, i thumbed through mefi, ms., and motherjones, exhausted arts & letters, and caught up on my british news. over lunch today two of the interns and i watched part of manchurian candidate. as a consequence i don't feel too strongly that i'm contributing to the betterment of humankind, but i do feel reasonably well-educated on current affairs. besides, even with diversions, i'm impressed that i've been making it through 8 hour workdays. i'm, uh, not tempermentally inclined to that sort of thing, as a general rule.

i also received a range of opinions on act one of "drive", which is the working title of my screenplay. some harsh, some glowing. since this is my first attempt, i've had an easier time distancing myself and accepting criticism. it needs work, of course, but i'm enjoying playing with it.

No comments: