Monday, July 15, 2002

the legal department went en masse to lunch today: 4 professional women, one man, and me. i ate and watched and listened to them talk law-stuff and generally experienced them disprove this article, the end of herstory, which made me knit my brow and clench my teeth and otherwise facially express disagreement when i read it this morning. on the way home i asked my legal buddies straight out if they identified. to which (take that, hymowitz!) they replied, "of course."

more from hymowitz if you're interested: "Now it turns out that these efforts were not only a gigantic waste of money but also may well have harmed their intended beneficiaries. For if girls left to their own devices are much like boys�status-seeking, aggressive, ruthless�then think of what happens when you empower them. What girls need, it seems, isn�t more self-esteem, but a little Western culture to teach them how to control their darker side."

large scale critique of 10-pages of my screenplay this evening. i'm nervous. i'm also considering changing my special major to film and minoring in history and/or polisci. maybe this will go a ways towards determining that.

No comments: