Tuesday, July 30, 2002

unhappy? i? never for long. i lunched yesterday with th'interns and my new boss, the newly-30 scuba-diving curly haired cornell law grad with a framed picture of bill and her on her shelf. lana picked me up after my writing class, we dropped in on a goodbye party for dearfriend nomi, headed to the holy land for two weeks, and then i slept over at lana's house. when we bought breakfast this morning, two men with indecipherable accents behind the counter asked either if we were twins or if we wanted ice cream. we really couldn't tell but felt safe smiling "no" regardless.
a metro mixup landed me with a free day, which i took to the bank and then to the mall. like good yuppies, my brother, my father and i lunched at cpk and i bought two black dresses that complement my hair. upon returning, i found that half had come through admirably: a factory-sealed pride and prejudice waited for me on my step. oh what joy it is to come home to mark darcy.
now for the debut of one of my dresses, an AU board meeting ( = free dinner for interns. all we need to do is sit there and smile).

No comments: