Wednesday, June 20, 2001

uhhhhh so heavy ... becca had the brilliant idea to make us vegetarian chili tonite. we shopped for the ingredients and met ari at my house and all three of us contributed to the chili-making effort. that included brainstorming things to throw in the pot that would make what was in the pot taste less like tomato paste (ultimate [and successful] solution: more beans, more chili pepper, and little green chilis.) chili + garlic-infused bread = no movement; we all more or less passed out upstairs in my room.

we talked too. ari asked me whether if someone granted me 4 more years of life than i would otherwise have with the condition that i'd have to spend them doing high skool again, would i take the offer? i really didn't know. certainly gave me pause. i mean, maybe heaven's great, you know? granted, we don't know -- but i do know what jds was (not fun) and i have no interest in returning. *shrug*

my grandmother called. shoulder hurting. my mother called. bored in charlottesville. i told her to knock on doors and make friends. "oh no," she said. "it's not like there's any lack of people. they're all swarming in the bar right now, singing karaoke." i expressed my deepest sympathy. my father called. had i called my mother yet? was the dog still alive? was anything on fire? did the exterminators come? (no; and when they finally called, they didn't even apologize, just told me to be there at the same time tomorrow. bastards.)

network was a great flick. i was 5/5 this week, only it's still disappointing cause it's only 5. i guess i could squeeze one more film in before i return them but i don't really have the energy. whatever, 5's not bad, especially since they were all quality. quality words were spoke tonite too: more funny shit yo: "i am right 78% of the time," announced becca, and damn i was going to quote ari and now i've forgotten. ah well.

i realized that the reason i wasn't as euphoric after this most recent ani concert was b/c she plays a lot of new stuff now. her new stuff's great, but i don't like it much more, or in some cases even more, than most new stuff i listen to. whereas her earlier stuff got me so excited -- i just really related to her; she touched me; it's personal, somehow, in a way that this stuff isn't as much. if she did a flashback tour, i might expire of happiness, but hopefully after the show and not just having got word of it.

No comments: