Monday, February 25, 2002

my holiday! this morning i found myself at a table explaining purim to the group of mel who doesn't believe in religion, and katie and sam in identical gold crosses. i have only vague memories of last year yet i'm almost positive i told the story to someone then too. anyone remember what happened purim last year? i asked ben but of course he was no help. without access to my then-notebook, i feel so adrift.
i remember purim in israel easily enough. that was a riot. out til 4 a.m., singing, running around, covered in goopy fake-snow. my moment of glory, throwing a softserve cone at an assailant. the pride.

this year, andrea and i are rolling up our sleeves and trying to bake hamentashen. unsupervised kitchen use: exciting for both of us. tomorrow nite with heather we're going to obey the rabbinical mandate to drink. twill serve as a good antidote to yesterday spent lazing alone, plowing through rushdie, on the phone and/or computer.
funny: i keep running into accounts of blogging communities, people who get acquainted thru webjournals and then become friends in person. in my experience, it's often the opposite: my friends in real life go out and acquire themselves an online voice. also twice in the last two days someone has asked me why i spell my name the way i do. it's not big deal, folks. the 'h' is an unnecessary adornment; and we all know how i feel about jewelery.

must prepare cty curriculum in advance of march 4 interview. how to convince these nice people that i want to work with children? i haven't even convinced myself yet.

No comments: