Monday, August 06, 2001

addition to best british movie lists: the lady vanishes, a chilling, wonderful hitchcock i'd forgotten about. my father reminded me over lunch today at krupins. (funny: steve's picture smiled down from the wall right above me. [steve krupin, son of mel, the owner, was in my class and now goes to nwestern w/ my friend geoff. over a year ago, while we were in israel as a class, steve called me a feminazi. at that point i didn't even consider myself a feminist and i got upset. just a few weeks ago, i ran into him outside kultura w/ a few other friends. he was wearing an ill-fitting suit and looked surprised to see us. he asked what we were all doing for the summer and i derived great pleasure from saying proudly, "i'm working for the feminists." yeah baby.])

No comments: