Tuesday, August 07, 2001

courtesy of http://dreamtank.waferbaby.com/main.phpwhat the hell was i saying about layout being fun? right when i was about to put my self-satisfied-self to sleep last nite, i decided to tempt fate by actually checking to see how the site, w/ all its new impressive changes, looks in netscape. (i am a moderate person. it takes a lot to become someone i really dislike -- in fact, i can't think of an enemy i even have at the moment. recently, the closest i've come to to shrill, blazing-eyed fury has been when confronted w/ the idiocies ot netscape. but so as not to drop the narrative:) i heard the fates chuckling around me and ignored them, sauntering onto communicator. the page loaded; immediately, i threw my forearm over my face to shield it from the horror. it was a mess, worse than my room at the present, almost worse than my room at swat.

i backed away, forcing myself to breathe. once i recovered my strength, i ventured in again, and i spent the next 2 hrs trying to reformat the (this) page so that it looked acceptable on netscape without compromising too much of its original design. when i signed off at last, i was exhausted but so jumpy that i kept expecting to see stern little girls appearing behind me or hanged people noosed from the shower head. (i have a terrible imagination. once it gets started, i feel like the kid from the sixth sense only this has been plaguing me for years and that's a movie.) i took refuge in bed w/ tom jones. my mother heard my door -- she hadn't been sleeping either. she came in and we sat and talked until 5. nice conversation even if it was a ridiculous nite. she left to actually rest a little before work and i was soothed enuf to go to sleep.

but christ. ... well, i guess everyone needs a nemesis. if my life were all sunshine, lollypops, and 5-for-$5 film rentals, it might get pretty dull.

No comments: