Sunday, May 26, 2002

my last hours in copenhagen were adrenaline-driven and episodic. there wasn't time for anything else. one last walking tour around the downtown, including nyhavn to make a reservation for that evening's last group dinner. packing preparations. souvenir shopping -- buying amber brooches for my mother and grandmother with much trepidation: i have no experience with jewelry -- followed by one last excursion to UFF. one last fancy dinner, enjoyed by all, and then one last period of chilling at DIS. then farewells. then i got sick, and had to pack anyway, and managed to snatch a couple hours of sleep before rising at 6:30 to finish packing. andrea the ubersweet met me at my dorm, cheerful despite the hour, and between the two of us we managed to lug all my luggage (really, do you think that's where the word comes from?) to the airport and get me on a plane. 12 or so hours later, i was home, dc was muggy, i was still a little sick, but safe. since, my parents have been hovering lovingly and fretting over my inability to eat without becoming queasy. i'm seeing a doctor on wednesday.
how does it feel to be home?

No comments: