Sunday, July 18, 2004

on the verge
 
i'm 52% done with cty.  last session ended reasonably well: although i didn't get a touching goodbye moment with all my girls together, or a $50 tip from any parent, i did get lots of hugs and hearty recommendations.  one camper, when told to list my strengths, began with 'sarcasm!'  others gave me credit for putting up with their craziness while managing to keep control.  aw.  and: phew.  at least *they* felt like i was in control.
 
the one day intersession the RAs had off did not suffice to return me to a state of nirvanic calm.  but it did make me happy.  ben dropped in, loaded with presents -- a marilyn monroe poster i had seen and envied while apartment shopping, in honor of my birthday, and a belated, but AWESOME, graduation gift from his mother.  she basically ransacked the criterion collection for me.
 
now, my new girls are trickling in.  today's steady rain better not be the harbinger of misfortune it seems to be, or god and i are going to have words.

No comments: