Monday, July 19, 2004

the whatever year
 
when i first opened my door this morning, i saw an upside-down cockroach wriggling on the floor.  i yelped and ducked back into my room.
 
when i next opened my door, i saw a crowd of sedate, timely campers ready to go to breakfast.  the ringleader greeted me: "we all have dry skin." 
 
(i had told the girls that last session, one of my favorite campers had come to my door early in the morning, knocking frantically.  "what is it?  what?" i asked, once i'd made it to the doorway.  she extended her hands, palms up.  i expected to see stigmata, boils, thunderbolts -- but there was nothing.  "what?" i asked again.  "they're just hands!"
"they're dry!" she replied.
"you woke me up because you have dry skin?"
"but i just put on lotion and they're still dry"
"then go to the nurse!"  *slam*)
 
one of my favorite exchanges thus far this session:
girl:  " ... skank-hos."
me:  "hey, now ..."
girl:  "sorry.  fast women."
 
happy birthday me.  and stefanie, if she's reading this.

No comments: