- my face is raspberry-red and puffy around the eyes, as much from lack of sleep as from sun. (why did i think that putting a wet'n'wash cloth over my face could substitute for lotion?)
- i finally put my hair back: i decided to try the ilana method and keep it down for three days straight. as strings frizzed over, i dealt by braiding them.
- my arms have gotten nicely nutty, further dramatizing my watch tan.
- the nields. northhampton-spawned eccentric energetic group. five band members: two singers, both sisters, both married to their guitarists, both of whom are named bob. i don't know what the story is w/ the fifth guy but i imagine he feels vaguely left out.
- erin mckeown. midgetous, impressive, bjork-like in style and energy (+ propensity to howl.) embarrasing moment: i asked her to sign my notebook, forgetting that i had written my impressions of her at the top of the page. she saw her name and asked, "oh, can i read this?" and proceeded to before i could splutter out an answer. i panicked for a moment, as i couldn't recall what exactly i'd written, but it was all complimentary -- she said that anyone who compared her to bjork was her best friend. course, i also wrote that she grappled w/ her guitar like it was an animal trying to get away; we both tactfully pretended that wasn't there.
- deirdre flint. awesome. elementary skool teacher turned folksinger; adorable, ironic, and really funny, like the musician version of janeane garofolo. i bought her cd, shuffleboard queens, available at folkweb and amazon. i also ran into her so i got her autograph as well. she asked me if i'd been to a particular lighthouse and i just blinked at her. "it's written on yr shirt," she said. "oh," i said, looking down. "i just got this at goodwill." :-)
- eddie from ohio. very much like the nields: upbeat, fun, clever. they played saturday nite after dar...
just got off the phone w/ ben, who wanted to share his musicial experiences. guess it was just that kind of weekend. but i'm exhausted and i'll have to finish this tomorrow.
still to come: susan warner; our crazy camping neighbors; jonah; dar; and i haven't said a word yet about ilana and liz. terrible. well, tomorrow.