Thursday, July 26, 2001

phew. getting on the metro this afternoon, all i wanted to do was go home, take a shower, put lots of gel in my hair (the frizz is driving me insane), and think calming, non-vagina related thoughts. anyway, it's over. my dad picked me up and we went to a nice vietnamese lunch. i had surprisingly good squid, which didn't bother me, but trying some of his soft-shell crab did somehow. i consider myself a vegetarian tho i do eat fish and seafood, but the crab felt particularly like an animal. part of my sort-of-joking excuse for eating fish is that i'm a jewish vegetarian (by jewish law, y'see, fish is not considered flesh: it's in another, neutral category.) but by that logic, i shouldn't be eating unkosher sea things. ahhhh maybe i'm taking this too seriously.

the doctor: a lady with thick blonde hair and precise mascara enlarging her already confrontational eyes. anytime she brought up an adult topic, she'd further widen her eyes to impress upon me the seriousness of the discussion. i had to widen my own eyes in response; by the end of the interaction, i felt like betty boop. of course i'm sure betty boop never had to go thru a pelvic exam.
(damn, she is cool. let's take a moment and process that, hmm?)
the upshot is, there is absolutely nothing wrong w/ me. i suppose i could go to disneyland then but falconridge will have to do. :-) we have a tent! still need to shop. mmm, three days of living out in the humid air; no showers; w/ the hippies and their music ... excellent.
i guess this will be my first moderately-extensive absence. i leave early tomorrow and don't get back til sunday nite. so readers, if any of you exist outside of the close crazy circle of friends you see represented in my book, please sign -- let me know you exist. if you have nothing else to say, say congratulations.

No comments: