Wednesday, July 11, 2001

wow -- my counter hit 100. yeehaw baby and all right. check it out for yrselves, folks.

i was on a high of sorts earlier; i'm come down since. oddly, happiness didn't depress me, tho it is (as you'll see) a controversial and fucked up film. todd s.'s previous attempt, welcome to the dollhouse, made me want to crawl into a cardboard box and stay in a fetal position for a couple years. this one is definitively better, i think: more interesting, more well-written, sharper, although it veers off into the range of less-believable melodrama a la requiem for a dream towards the end. at least it remains creepy throughout.

maybe i'm so used to going places, being surrounded, feeding off of the momentum that i'm feeling some withdrawal. i have to pick up my mom in twenty minutes. i fought w/ my brother this afternoon but i might write about him for my class. becca suggested my other brother, which i hadn't thought of. i'll probably do one or the other. i might not be able to see tamar for weeks. nomi's leaving for a tour of the south. i don't have plans for my bday yet, tho i'm sure things will fall into place. they just tend to.

No comments: