Sunday, January 20, 2002

well the damn golden globes were damned disappointing, altho i'm sure to many of you that doesn't come as much of a surprise. sure, the british accents kept us amused, and lana and i made excellent observations -- everything from, "what an awful dress!" to "why are all the black people at one table? it's like a college cafeteria" -- and once in a while the best option won (go, six feet under, go! and sissy spacek, elegant and composed enough to compensate for ten denise richards). even a little moment of questionable sexuality between ron howard and that other guy who called ron "my friend -- my best friend; my partner". all in all though what a lackluster night.

maybe it would have gone over better if i'd had more sleep, but after staying up til past 2 to talk to 'friend and watch GIrl, Interrupted with my mother, who, having never seen it before, squeezed my hand through the last ten minutes, i rose at 8:45 to go bid farewell to my darling smith-bound liz. i can't conceive of the fact that i'm leaving so soon. the barn in its new incarnation continues without me. rebecca has apparently painted my (her) room lipstick red, no doubt to match her newly copper hair. classes begin tomorrow. i still have one more grade to find out and i will not leave the country until i know.
i wish i were more cheerful about this whole thing.
oh the co|motioners are having their first reunion meeting tonite . . . oh. sad. well, hi guys -- hope you had great breaks -- hope you have great semesters -- keep me up to date.
there's so much i'm missing. there's so much i already miss.

No comments: