Monday, December 10, 2001

eating vanilla yogurt out of a dish reminds me of being young. my family had a series of young dutch au pairs who fawned over us kids as much as they scorned american chocolate. as proof of their disdain, they supplied us with "real" chocolate, sometimes in the form of brightly-colored boxes of sprinkles that we, delighted, used to decorate our yogurt. after they left we continued the tradition until i read the twits and realized sprinkles could actually be concealed ants. that dented my appetite. besides, native sprinkles never tasted quite as good.

i'm supposed to be writing my polisci paper about why american people believe money is corrupting their public officials. i'm working on my history story instead. of course the history story is due friday and the polisci paper is due tomorrow. i like using one assignment to delay doing another; that feels sophisticated somehow. hey at least i'm getting shit done.
the tarble lady alerted me that i'll have to use $9 worth of points a day to polish off the number i have left on my card. anyone who's interested in helping me is more than welcome.

No comments: