Friday, December 21, 2001

towards the end of yesterday i got rather stressed again. emailed myself the wrong version of my paper, had to run back to the barn to send the right one and then dash back to campus to print it out and bring it to bruce who greeted me w/, "where's the first draft?" i babbled at him for a few minutes and he waved me away. i picked up the form signed by valelly that he'll be my advisor (yes!!) and dashed to mccabe where i stationed myself at a table where ben had put his stuff and kept my nose more or less in the book for the next couple hours. stat's impossible. it's all just formulas that i vaguely understand that have to be applied in terrible frightening word problems about lyme disease and pregnancy-inducement (phil ...?) anyway it doesn't matter. i took the test, declared myself finished when stefanie did and the two of us and susannah barely made it outside before we screamed so loudly kohlberg shook.

i bought everyone drinks and had so many points still that the lady at the coffeebar sold me a whole box of granola bars. said goodbye to marc, whose room was in an unparalled state of disarray, and went back to the barn where ross and i danced for a little in the kitchen and then went downstairs to watch Pulp Fiction on renee's big tv. we contemplated taking shots everytime someone said "motherfucker" but were intimidated by the number of times that happened in the first 10 minutes alone. the wine-swillers arrived eventually and we went upstairs, sat in a circle, passed a bottle around and told stories.
brigid arrived later after the others left while i was on the phone with my dear friend liz from home who i will see in a matter of days (!!) i ended up going back to campus after all.

this morning sorelle and i drove stefanie to the airport. i've spent the rest of the day with people i'm going to miss a lot/ who i really wish i'd met first year/ who make me feel finally completely content in this place. of course i can't think about it. today i have to packpackcleancleanpack, and say more goodbyes. non-party tonite with no structure and no time frame tonite. much to do before then.

No comments: