Thursday, April 04, 2002

anne liked my newly developed pictures so much she went running off with them. it's always nice when one's possessions or productions merit theft. luckily she brought them back. they are, not so luckily, from the wrong roll, which is to say not the roll i had intended to give. but that's okay! after all, i would have had to get these seen to eventually. it allowed me the opportunity also to reflect that i look so much better [in pictures] when i'm happy.

received after a mindnumbing wait the long-promised package. i'd been saying "na-nahma-nahman-me'uman" every hour on the hour in the hopes that that would speed its arrival. (best graffitti ever) my ever-loving mother filled the box to the brim with truffles, which i've been doling out, 19s, which i can eat tomorrow morning (!!), oatmeal, grandma brownies, jelly beans, tea, and last but not least, my contact. in case you've forgotten, your author has been seeing from one eye for the past month. who knows what magical transformations she will undergo once full vision is restored to her?

my midterms were a less pleasant surprise. i resolved i wouldn't regret not studying [extensively] and i won't. my grades don't transfer. for now i'm taking comfort in teacher jeanne's comment that my essays were, if not perfect, "well-written." actually i did fine on her test. hopefully the two i get back tomorrow will be same-par or better. --get thee behind me, satan of guilt and shame! i still have my finals and piles of work to mitigate those less-than-happy numbers. in all honesty, that's my real balm.

No comments: