Saturday, September 14, 2002

as often happens, my voice has deserted me. maybe it's a reaction to the reacclimation to living in a dorm. all those wacky germs floating about; worse, all those wacky people. having gone a year without being in this situation, maybe my body's defenses are shot.

bad timing. right on the cusp of a weekend and no voice to shout at concerts with, or to use in sarcasm, or to play I Never. tho we didn't end up playing I Never anyway, and it's just as well: the small party i was with last night has played that game more than once before and there comes a point when you wonder what's left to ask or know about your friends. it's difficult to come up w/ interesting drinking games, ones that involve conversation, preferably the revealing kind. there should be a book or something.

the alcohol didn't help my throat. now i have an unsightly pile of cough drops next to the keyboard, and a little plastic cup filled helpfully with packets of salt. i've never done that gargling thing and i'm skeptical. meanwhile yom kippur, the Please God Forgive Me day, starts tomorrow night. i haven't done much apologizing (this is one of the great jewish rituals, incidentally: you have to obtain forgiveness from anyone you've offended or hurt over the past year. it's kinda like a treasure hunt you have ten days to complete. at the end of it, you show what you've collected to god and say, well, this is the best i could do. ... and then god judges you.)
last ditch effort: if i've transgressed against you, please accept my heartfelt apologies. you can even email me and yell at me one last time before you forgive me. or leave it in the comments, hell. i live a public life.

No comments: