Tuesday, September 03, 2002

my room is slowly but surely becoming satisfyingly cluttered. a space just isn't a space unless it's filled -- just like, as my mythology teacher taught last semester, a horse isn't a horse unless it's acting horselike. there are probably other problematic Thens that follow but i don't want to think about them now.
a lovely congress just disbanded. sorelle, sarah k. and sarah c. intruded on my solitude. i'd been reading anita hill's speak truth to power in very atmosphere conditions: but they burst in and turned the lights on and settled in for the kind of creative, straightforward discussion that makes me glad to be at college.

i attended my first tennis class with eliz today. she brought a racket and i wore sneakers so between the two of us there existed one person in readiness to play. we took turns. none too steady in my too-small shoes, she tripped around the court, swinging wildly and yelping. by the time she tagged out, she was convinced everyone else on court hated her and i was laughing too hard to breathe. while i was no better, i made far fewer entertaining noises. i did however demonstrate an uncanny ability to move all my limbs at once and none in sync. mm, athletics.

No comments: