Wednesday, September 25, 2002

well, while the argument over censorship rages, i'll discreetly move on to other topics. like my victory and accomplishment at scrabble today against kross: 476. that's a new record -- as far as i'm concerned, for anyone ever. kross was relatively diplomatic about it, losing control only for a minute, when he leapt over the board and attempted to tattoo the number on my forehead. luckily i fought him off and he regained his senses. then he accompanied me to my dorm's bbq and told everyone his effort directly contributed to my score so the triumph is partly his. i heart ross.

i don't want to hear from all of you that you regularly score in the 500s and take pictures of the boards which you keep in a stack on a shelf with your westinghouse certificates and Emmys. this isn't about bragging, or who's better than who. this is just me being honest with my readership: frankly, at this moment, i am the best. and that's simply too significant a fact not to acknowledge.

stef posed the question a couple weeks ago, If you could have anyone write a song about you, who would you choose? after much thought i decided belle and sebastian would be a good choice. today i nearly changed my mind and allotted the honor to stephen merritt. you can't choose him, said kross, who likes to be contrary: he's gay. no no, i said, he just hasn't met the right woman yet. even if that's true, though, there's a slim chance that i may not be that Right Woman. in that case, i guess i'm still up in the air.

No comments: